Welcome to Amsterdam!


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
July 1st 2010
Published: July 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Happy Birthday Canada!

Today we arrived at Schipol airport in Amsterdam, and our wonderful adventure began. Sander and Annelie met us at the airport and played tour guide for us all day. After catching the train out of the airport, we got on a local tram which took us to the houseboat we had booked in advance. 

The owner of the boat seems nice enough, and the houseboat itself is very nice. After we dropped our stuff off at the houseboat, we walked around Amsterdam for the afternoon. We picked up some baguettes, cheese, wine and beer and the four of us went to Vondelpark (a huge park in the middle of Amsterdam) and relaxed with our dinner sitting in the park by a pond. The park is gorgeous, with lots of lush trees and a variety of birds.

After we finished our dinner, we walked back through town with the goal of popping into the boat so Elysia could switch out of her flip flops and we could use the bathroom. Instead, we ended up taking a wrong turn and walking all through the area immediately adjacent to the boat. We eventually got our bearings again and made it back to the boat. Our first getting lost of the trip!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



5th July 2010

canals
that looks fantastic, I love the canals, looks like venice. Also drinking wine in the park, so civilized. Hey we got an expansion for Settlers that turns it into a two player game - cool huh

Tot: 0.343s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb