Tip Toeing Through The Tulips


Advertisement
Published: April 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I have been a little slow at keeping up with the blog, we have literally been on the go constantly since I left home on the 3rd April and this morning I have decided to have a quiet one in my hotel room, while Christine and Peter go off to the Van Gogh Museum.

Cheryl left this morning to catch the train to Schiphol Airport on her first leg of her journey home to New Zealand and back to work.

Yesterday was possibly one of the highlights of the journey so far, and I do not say that lightly as we have been to and seen many fabulous places. We spent the best part of the day at the Keukenhof flower park. You cannot choose your favourite tulip, one minute it's and orange one, then you walk a little further and a yellow one takes over as your favourite, and so on.

If anyone is ever planning to visit Amsterdam try to co-ordinate your visit to go to the Keukenhof flower park in Lisse, it is only open for eight weeks a year, every year, and this year it was open between 20 March and 18 May 2014.

This park is unique and it has to be one of the most popular destinations in the Netherlands. You do not have to be a genuine flower lover to appreciate the beauty of the tulips and other spring flowers, it is 32 hectares of tulips in every colour that you can imagine and it is stunningly beautiful.

In my opinion you do not need to take a tour, simply catch the train to Schiphol Airport, then catch bus 828 which goes every thirty minutes just outside the terminal not far from Starbucks and vice versa on the return journey. The return bus ticket and entry fee to the park was 23 euro.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb