The Netherlands!


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Brabant » Breda
July 25th 2012
Published: July 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sydony's FamilySydony's FamilySydony's Family

Left to Right: Sydony, Toni, Eric. This is the couple that we are staying with they are Sydony's great aunt and uncle.
We have arrived in the Netherlands, mistakenly known as Holland. (There is a region up north which is called Holland and I believe that this area was know as Holland during the world war, but I would have to brush up on my history and geography to tell you for certain).

We are staying with Sydony’s family in a small town called Breda. Yesterday was basically spent training it (second class, since our pass is not valid in the Netherlands) to Breda and visiting with Sydony’s family

Today Sydony, her Tante Toni, and I went into town while Sydony’s Oom Eric went out in his boat. We spent the day wandering through town and shopping. We all came back poorer than when we left.

It is getting late, we stayed up to watch Inspector Lynley. Tomorrow Sydony and I are going to visit Efteling, an amusement park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Room 1Room 1
Room 1

The room where we are staying.
 Room 2 Room 2
Room 2

Many rooms in Germany and the Netherlands seem to have sinks in them.
Room 3Room 3
Room 3

A beautiful room but we have to up and down these stairs! They are very steep and very narrow. It is much easier going up than down.
Military SchoolMilitary School
Military School

The is the entrance to the military school. Eric went there. The city was of strategic military and political significance.
EaglesEagles
Eagles

A statue of two Eagles. I believe that it is a memorial.
Little NunsLittle Nuns
Little Nuns

There is a small area just off one of the roads where there is a small little church and a garden area and a square of little houses. Nuns used to live here until the last one died about 10 years ago. The houses are really tiny!
Little Nuns 2Little Nuns 2
Little Nuns 2

Sydony beside the doorway. (Sydony is just under 6 feet tall).
Little Nuns 3Little Nuns 3
Little Nuns 3

A view of the houses and garden.
LunchLunch
Lunch

We stopped outside to have lunch. Sydony told me I must try a Netherlands dish, so we got bitte balle.
Lunch 2Lunch 2
Lunch 2

They were actually very good it is something deep fried in a ball shape. It tasted like a think mushroom soup in a crispy breaded shell. Like a mozzarella stick but with thick mushroom soup instead of cheese.
Shopping/ChurchShopping/Church
Shopping/Church

In the city centre the streets are lined with shops, many clothing and shoe stores. Then on one street there is sitting between dozens of shops a small brick church. It was very quaint and quiet. It was lovely.
Shopping/ChurchShopping/Church
Shopping/Church

Sydony and Toni outside the Church.
ChurchChurch
Church

Inside the Church.


26th July 2012

great tour
i really like this place called holland or netherland such a great place to spent holidays in a town know as dordogne

Tot: 0.319s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0834s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb