Montenegro


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Budva
August 21st 2008
Published: September 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The next country on our journey was Montenegro, which is one of the newest contries in the world after it recently gained independence from Serbia.

We were headed for Budva for 2 nights; Budva is the main tourist destination in Montengro and the Dalmatian coasts version of Ibiza. On the way we took a scenic drive along the Kotor Fiord and stopped for lunch in aptly named Kotor. Kotor was an unexpected highlight. It is a tiny little walled town set into the base of a steep cliff and on the shores of the fiord. It also has a mini version of the great wall of china running up the cliff to a church. As it was about 45 degress we decided not to venture up, but instead admired the view from the bottom.

Once in Budva, we managed to find a group of people at the bus station who were renting apartments and got ourselves an apartment for two nights.

That evening we went for a walk along the water front, which looked more like a fair ground at one end with go carts, fair ground rides and even a portable rollercoaster. The other end is set up for the party goers with open roofed pubs and clubs. We stopped at one of the pubs on the water front for a drink and watched the massive bush fires burning on the surrounding hills.

The following day we headed to the beach and had a very relaxing day chilling out and swimming on the stoney beach next to another walled old town. The only distraction of the day was watching the helicopters and Italian sea planes trying to put out the fires on the hills.

Montenegro was a very beautiful place and one that we would like to vist for a week if the situation ever arises in the future.

Our pick to become the next big tourist attraction in Europe once the budget airlines start flying here!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.278s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb