Monaco


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco » Monte Carlo
April 23rd 2013
Published: June 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Monaco.

Moving south, we hung a left near Aix-en-Provence, skirted Nice and arrived in the tiny Principality of Monaco. Monaco is famous for a host of reasons: it is a favorite of the mega-rich and famous and its crown princess was All American Sweetheart Grace Kelly. The Monaco Casino and Monaco Grand Prix are renown throughout the world. The Principality perches on the side of spectacular cliffs, reminiscent of Amalfi but less dramatic and more opulent. Its Mediterranean vistas are marvelous and, for those who like toys, its marinas harbour personal yachts that would qualify as ships.

We went up to the Monaco Cathedral to pay respects to the tombs of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier III, and then wandered over to the Palace courtyard for views of the city and marinas. In the foreground, seating was being installed for the Monaco Grand Prix, which would be run in a few weeks time (May 26, 2013.) On our way out of town our bus driver nonpareil, Jerome, drove us across the starting line, just for fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb