Ravioli, pastizzi, ravioli, pastizzi


Advertisement
Malta's flag
Europe » Malta » Gozo » Xaghra
October 9th 2013
Published: November 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Top of our list of places to go during this year was Gozo, and it was great to be back!

It turns out a lot can change in 5 years. On Malta, we noticed everything looks new and improved. The airport has change a lot since we were last here. There are now air conditioned express buses that go from the airport to the ferry terminal, just in time for the ferry. What a treat! On Gozo, the pace of change was not quite as noticeable. But there is a hop on hop off bus there now, which means that tourism must be picking up. And rightly so.

We rented a car and 'farmhouse' for the week. For those that have not been to Gozo, farmhouses are really just any house. Ours had a full kitchen, back yard bbq and pool. It was nice to be somewhere that we were familiar with. We know the beaches and restaurants fairly well around Xhaghra and the best part was reacquainting ourselves with them! We managed to make it to our wedding restaurant, Ta Frenc, twice and of course hit the main square for some Oleander's ravioli. We got in a good boat trip around the island and swam every day. We even managed to scratch up our rental car on the very narrow roads. Seeing all the places we had been for our wedding definitely made us miss having other people around to share the island with. We have so many fun memories there! It is a beautiful place with amazing food and it is truly surprising how breakfast, lunch, dinner and swimming can fill a whole day. We are so glad that we had the opportunity to get back to Gozo.

Many photos attached, including a lot of pastizzi. We can't wait to go back again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Dreams of Oleander'sDreams of Oleander's
Dreams of Oleander's

Homemade Gozitan ravioli and freshly caught lampuki for our first night back!
First PastizziFirst Pastizzi
First Pastizzi

A bit burnt but still soooo very tasty.
Gozo ricottaGozo ricotta
Gozo ricotta

It is a actually a massive hunk of beautiful cheese and look at the price!
Looking for blue shirts for BillLooking for blue shirts for Bill
Looking for blue shirts for Bill

Alas, no luck. But it's probably for the best. :o)
Hello Oleander'sHello Oleander's
Hello Oleander's

How we've missed you.


Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb