Welcome to Luxembourg City !


Advertisement
Luxembourg's flag
Europe » Luxembourg » Luxembourg City
April 21st 2014
Published: April 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and its Capital Luxembourg City !

Despite of its relatively small size - 2.586 square kilometers for 500 000 inhabitants - the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is an authentic state with a rich and eventful history. Located in the heart of Europe, between France, Belgium and Germany, it has contributed to the great European évolutions.

The eventful past of the Grand Duchy is a real condensed of the history of Europe. In the Middle Ages, its Princes wore the crown of the Holy Roman German Empire. During the more recent history, its fortess was a major goal in the dispute between the major powers of the time.

Before finally gaining independance in the 19th century, the Luxembourg belonged to a succession of Counts, then the Dukes of Luxembourg, then the Dukes of Burgundy, Spanish Kings, French Kings, Austria Emperor and finally the Dutch Kings.

My first escapade was on a summerlike day with températures reaching +33° C. on this 05th September 2013 with a summer atmosphere on the terraces with people sipping cool drinks. A different atmosphere for sure in months to come when winter will have settled but nevertheless an enjoyable one

Here are my very first pictures of the 3 Borders Country with a visit of Luxembourg City starting from its beautiful Train Station ...

Karim


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb