Good times in Vilnius and our crazy hamsters


Advertisement
Lithuania's flag
Europe » Lithuania » Vilnius
March 22nd 2010
Published: March 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Since we arrived back from India it has been head down ass up in our books trying to catch up with studies. We have had a fair amount of people coming and going from us over the past two months and at one stage we had four extra people in our flat, cramped but great fun! Diana’s family were over to visit for a week whilst the largest market in Lithuania was on. So that week was pretty was very busy doing things, eating and drinking way to much but that cannot seem to be stopped when visiting the locals here. We went for a day trip to visit some family friends and at 2pm on a Tuesday out come a bottle of whiskey and within one hour it was gone (also a bottle of champagne). Must mention we had another stop latter that afternoon which lasted a few hours....

The market was massive with people everywhere, maybe too many people.. It was just at times one mass of people walking step in step along the paths trying to have a look at things. Also at that time we had a friend for the States with us for a second time, for some reason he loves Lithuania (maybe because the cheap booze) and is planning to come back here in summer for another week or so.
Other than that week of mayhem we have not been up to a great deal..

We have two hamsters now though.. Karma and Sutra, in separate cages, as it is on like donkey knog if they are near each other. They are great fun to have around the place as all the pictures will show, never know what they will be doing next. The fat one likes to be sleeping upside down in the car as you will see and the small neurotic one never stops moving and climbing the cage. Four times she (we think she) has escaped during the night and it is a complete mystery how she manages to do so. Each morning though when we realise she is shitting herself and comes up to us to go back to the safety and security of cage.

So that’s about it for the last couple of months...

Hope everyone is well...



Additional photos below
Photos: 110, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb