Day 3 : Platelai to Silute


Advertisement
Lithuania's flag
Europe » Lithuania » Palanga
May 11th 2012
Published: May 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was a long, hot day. We headed out of Platelai onto a long uphill climb to the A11. Our hope was that we'd soon be westward bound towards Palanga on the coast, which we soon were. However the wind picked up considerably and slowed us by 3-5 miles per hour.

We made it to Palanga by 2pm, later than originally planned and stopped for lunch.

Here we picked up National Cycle route 10 which took us all the way into Klaipeda via a beautiful, car free, trail through woodlands and quiet lanes.

In Klaipeda we visited with more Rugute Captains and enjoyed a much needed rest whilst we heard their stories. It was here that we decided to change our Day 3 destination to Silute rather than Taurage as the earlier headwind had hit our travel time a lot. As it turned our, this proved to be a positive change as we found the road to Silute closed and a 25km diversion in place.

After 102 miles we reached Silute, and were greeted by Tugute once more. We were all tired and hungry, but nevertheless were more than happy to chat andExchange stories. Each of these meetings with Rugute helped to recharge our spirit and energy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb