Tips To Consider When Travelling To Italy From Someone That Loves The Country


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
July 1st 2014
Published: July 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Out of the many different European countries that I visited, Italy is definitely number one for me. While it is quite obvious that what is perfect for one person is not that great for another, as you are here, I suppose you want to travel to Italy. With this in mind, I do believe that I can help you to have a much better experience. Here is what you have to know about the country and the tips that I believe will help you out the most in having a really good time in Italy.

Plan Your Stay Ahead Of Time

Italy is an incredibly popular European country among tourists from all around the world. It is not as popular as France but you will notice that so many hotels and resorts are already booked by the time you are really close to your departure date. Some people want to stay at the most popular resorts in Italy while others want something that is really cheap. No matter what you want, start looking for accommodations in the desired location around 2-3 months in advance.

When you plan ahead of time, you have the certainty that you will be able to stay where you want to stay and you can also save a whole lot of money. Some of the discounts are crazy.

The Beach Is Super Crowded During On-Season

There are many that love the beaches in the country and that will travel to Italy in order to enjoy some sun. You may want to consider avoiding the top months if you want to visit for a stay at the beach and do consider the northern part of the country since it is highly enjoyable during the summer.

I should also add that you need to have some flip-flops with you at the beach. The sand is really hot and it can burn your feet. If you are not used to the sun, check the temperatures. If they are much higher than what you are used to, be careful with sunscreen use and overheating is quite common. One day all my friends ended up in the hospital because of that as we stayed at the beach when the sun was too hot.

Bars Are Great To Meet Locals

If you want to blend in perfectly, when you wake up, go to a local bar (there are many all around Italy) and order a coffee or a cappuccino. Pair it with a croissant and enjoy what is quickly becoming an unofficial breakfast in the country. Locals are often seen taking part in this routine and if you find someone that does not go to work, you will be able to talk with him for some time. Italians are a lot happier to talk to you when you take part in what they do day-to-day.

Italy Is Not Just About Pasta And Pizza

Italian pizza is nowadays available all around the world. Pasta recipes are also becoming a lot more common in other countries. With this in mind, you may want to try the traditional dishes while in Italy but you may miss out on many others. There are various traditional Italian dishes that are great and that are actually a lot better than pizza and pasta. What I really loved was anything with Prosciutto Crudo in it.



If you loved the tips I offered here and you want to learn more about Italy and many other countries, consider the Travel Tipsor Blog, which is a different type of travel blog.

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb