MERAN / MERANO ITALY


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
September 9th 2012
Published: January 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Germany to Meran


Driving to Meran or Merano from Germany is very relaxing, beautiful Nature scenery, Mountains, small Towns and a lot of Fresh Air, specially in Summer. We drove from Stuttgart (South Germany), to Meran by Car and the distance is about 450 kilometers and takes about 5 to 6 hours. We drove from South Germany to Austria then to Tirol or South Tirol. It was a breathtaking Roadtrip, South Tirols Mountains was so Majestic, Green in Summer , Gold / Brown in Autumn and White Snow Peak in Winter others even in Summer have a snow at Mountainpeak. Passing thru curvy Highways and Zigzag Roads, thru small Towns and Agricultural Lands of Corn and Grapes, not to mention the feeling of the purity of Oxygen or fresh Air to take a deep Breath. If you need a more exciting trip to Meran you can leave the relaxing highway and take a more Adventurous drive to Stilfserjoch, this is a Zigzag Road, I mean really small Zigzags Roads to the top of the Mountain which is 2, 757 meter high at the top is a lot of imbiss or Foodstalls and Souvenir Shops, and Hotels of course a rest to all Drivers and Bikers. Another adventure Zigzag Road to Meran is the Timmelsjoch, which is about 2, 509 meter high drive to the top and down to drive heading Meran. In Spring Merano was also a beautiful Place to be , a Picturesque place i most like is in the City of Meran is when your standing in a small Barock Bridge in the heart of Meran, Standing there facing the small River, Water flowing passing the beautiful flowerd Magnolia Tree which Petals are blown by wind in the direction of a Majestic Beautiful Mountain with White Snow Peak. Meran City is quiet small with Shops and Cafe's and Restaurants. Hotels are everywhere those on top or in Grapes Vineyard is a better place to stay, Trauttmansdorf is a beautiful Palace and a Paradise Garden in the Heart of Meran. Queen Sisi of Austria used this as a Summer House Vacation, now Trauuttmansdorf Palace serves as a museum, and the beautiful Garden has now a Collections of Giant Cactus in a Pavillion, and a beautiful pflastered stones pathways with Canals and small Waterfalls all leading in a Manmade Lake in the center of the Garden. A must see in Meran is the region Dorf Tirol, in the Highlands. Luxury Shops and Beautiful Hotels and Hunters Pension, which the Hunters Collections of Horn and Stuffed Animals are overly decorated, gladly said it's all from the past, at the moment hunting Deers or Raindeer is Regulated in Meran, when its over populated they are allowed to hunt 1 or 2 of the over populated Animals. but this is acctually a dying Hobby. Hochmuth is a Mountainuos Region, you can take a Cable Car in Dorf Tirol and reach the top of the oppossite Mountain named Hochmuth in 5 minutes, at the Peak of Hochmuth enjoy the beautiful view of Meran and Etschtal at the top, and enjoy visiting old Museum Tiroler Palace around. So I wish you to enjoy most of my personal shots of Meran..Bon Voyage.


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb