Just the one Cornetto


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
July 30th 2009
Published: July 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Got up went in for a swim and then headed to Punto Sabbioni for the boat to Venice - took about 20 minutes to drive to. Arrived at about 12:30 and it was absolutely baked - well into the 30s... Wandered around the historic route in Venice, did the Rialto, St.Marks - stopped in a little Coffee shop for a welcome breather and then continued out into the heat!

Rested a while in St. Marks and watched the tours going past - then went back towards the boat. Found a restaurant just of the beaten track that was still expensive but at least not quite as expensive as some of the places we looked at. Pizzas were lovely - though Mafs couldn't have the Cip and Ciop - as it was a bit more upmarket.

Supposed to be on the 18:30 back which would have given us time for a swim - but it left at 18:15 luckily with us on it! So we were back at the hotel by around 19:15 - then quick change and we were in the sea by 19:30 - we stayed until the sun set. Lovely!

Thursday the 30th

We wanted a rest day - just like the Tour de France. So we hung around the hotel - went swimming for hours in the sea (hired a peddaloo). Eat on the strip and then went swimming again in the pool and sea (oh and borrowed cycles so we cycled to where we ate). The other activity today was one of those 4 seat bike things - which took all 5 of us. Then we stopped for a bite to eat at what turned out to be one of Air Tours favourites - i.e. British Quiz and Bingo - we left after eating (what turned ouyt to be surprisingly good). I'm still waiting for the time I can say the Pizza was bad...



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0957s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb