Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
July 30th 2008
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

HI everyone!!!!
Ok sooo... we got into Rome on the 28th. We walked to out hostel and checked in to find that it was the most terrible place ever!!!!! Seriously if you werent standing you had to lie down on your non existant bed because the place was so small. There was one working toilet for about 20 people and one shower. There were no locks on any of the doors and no place to put you bag but in the hallway!! WE were so worried about getting robbed. Needless to say we changed places the next moring, we ended up walking to the train station and found the best hostel we have ever seen. We had our own room with AC thank god, and the people there were amazing. When we got there the main guy gave us a ton of places and things to see. Soooo... We put our bags down and headed to the Vatican. We were waiting in line and it was about 94 degrees and the line was going so slow that we decided to pay for a group guided tour that lets you cut all the lines. It was sooo great. OUr guide took us all over the Vatican Museum, and then we walked around the Basillica and the tombs. After that we just walked around for the rest of the day, had some terrible sushi, I know I know we are in Italy but we neded a break from Pizza, anyhow dont eat sushi unless you are in america or Japan hahahah. Anyway yeterday we slept in and then we walked alll over. We started with the Coloseum and the Palatino and Areo di tito, where again we got the guided tour. Then we took a break and had lunch and then we ventured out again and saw the Campo di Fiori, Area Scara, the Pantheon, and Piazza Navona. After all of that we decided to walk along the river where your hostel guy told us they have specail areas set up during summer. We got there and we were blown away. It was as if hundreds of bars and restaurants set up mini areas and had basically parties all night. It was a mixture our lounges and a carnival, its hard to explain but we have pictures. Needless to say we got a few drinks there and then we walked around some more then had out last Italian meal of amazing Pizza. Today we had to leave our favorite Hostel but that is ok because we are on our way to Croatia. I cant wait!!!! WE are taking a 4 hour train to Bari spain and then an overnight Ferry to Croatia, Ill let you know how that one goes hahaha. Alright my time is up on the computer so I gotta run. Hope all is going well in the states. Cant wait to see you all in only two weeks!!!!

XOXOOXOOXXO
Annie and Kyle

Advertisement



Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb