Cinque Terre


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
January 17th 2007
Published: January 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I have taken more pictures than I thought! Now comes the hard part of testing my technological abilities. Hopefully you can see these. I will post some pictures of Cortona soon too.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

What? No horns??What? No horns??
What? No horns??

There are numerous humerous roadsigns in Italy. Such as the "Caution Wild Boar Hunting on Wednesdays and Sundays" found along our hike through Cinque Terre. This one we saw just as we were climbing down into the 5th village.
View from roomView from room
View from room

Little apartment style villas everywhere!! It is the off season so we got a good deal.
RiomaggioreRiomaggiore
Riomaggiore

The first of the 5 villages, where our apartment was...and the best seafood place in the whole world called Tratoria de la Lanterna. This pic doesn't quite do this place justice. It is alot more colourful and the incline is steeper than it looks.
Another pic of Riomaggiore (and Camille)Another pic of Riomaggiore (and Camille)
Another pic of Riomaggiore (and Camille)

This is the same street but from the opposite direction: walking toward the beach, train station, and trails.
Along the trail to the next villageAlong the trail to the next village
Along the trail to the next village

Between the first and second town it is only a 20 minute walk along the coast.
The beginning of our climb upThe beginning of our climb up
The beginning of our climb up

We decided to walk up the mountain to come around to the 5th village instead of walking through along the coast. good thing Sherpa Camille led the way...
Beach in MonterossoBeach in Monterosso
Beach in Monterosso

I want to live here...maybe have a winter villa (the summer is probably flooded with tourists).
After a hard day's workAfter a hard day's work
After a hard day's work

Camille and I found the pub in Monterosso, where we drank away our aching muscles admist a rousing football game. Can life get any better?
And back at home...And back at home...
And back at home...

Things are as cute as ever. I just needed to put these up. Coz I'm a nerd and I miss my cats.


Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb