Venice, Italy - Day 1, We're In Venice!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
September 21st 2007
Published: October 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After settling into our room, our Host gives us our keys and that was the last we saw or heard of him or anyone in our B&B. The key to our room is one of those big metal old fashion keys. I should have taken a picture of it.

We set out to see Venice. We are a bit jet lagged, but too excited to spend our time sleeping so we set out to find some coffee and lunch.

We just walk around the calle's around our B&B and find a little cafe. Bill orders a double espresso and I a cappuccino. Bill's little espresso is basically a shot glass of caffeine in a tiny little coffee cup. I thought it tasted disgusting, but Bill loved it. They serve coffee luke warm so it took a minute for my sugar to dissolve where I could enjoy my cappuccino.

We found it odd that the cashier did not want our money when we ordered and we had to ask him to pay. It felt like we could just get up and walk out with out paying. That is not how we roll, so we paid and went on with our day. We soon discovered that taking our money was something we had to request at many places we ate or drank at.

We spent the early afternoon walking around the calle's and canals, gawking oohing and awing and of course taking pictures. Our B&B is close to the famous "Rialto Bridge" so we headed in that direction and then towards St. Mark's Square.


Additional photos below
Photos: 70, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Canal & TowerCanal & Tower
Canal & Tower

Canal with Campanile Bell Tower in St. Marks Sq. in back ground
Fresh Fish Lunch DisplayFresh Fish Lunch Display
Fresh Fish Lunch Display

Cafe offering fresh fish for lunch - along the Grand Canal near Rialto Bridge


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb