Lake Garda in the heat


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Lake Garda
July 22nd 2013
Published: July 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

For the first time we booked a place at the next campsite, Tiglia on Lake Garda, as they were now starting to fill. The owner took delight in telling us that he had saved us a place alongside the lake (we were about 2 metres away with a great view). However it was not so peaceful as there was a continuous cocoffeny of quacking from what turned out to be Great Crested Grebes (ducks to us).

Lake Garda is of course very beautiful with clear blue water. Strangely and contrary to the normal view, we found more Dutch than Germans. We thought we had escaped the heat but still it was 32 and 33 degrees each day.

Most evenings were spent with a German family from Dusseldorf. Terry would talk to Uva in English about football and Michelle and Sandra would have a conversation in German! As we have said before, what is it with these Germans that we find them so easy to make friends with.

Although the campsite has a large pool it was always packed, difficult to swim in or find a sunbed and there was no control over the teenage lads 'bombing' into the
Some purple tree in SirmioneSome purple tree in SirmioneSome purple tree in Sirmione

There was a queue to be photographed here!
pool to impress the girls.

We visited many of the local villages by bike including the delightful Sirmione. However one day we went by car up the east coast where we came upon much the prettiest place Lazise. Old battlements and narrow twisted streets make this a beautiful village unfortunately it is not a secret and the place was heaving with tourists. We extended our stay to 10 days so we could see more around the lake. However after that time even it's beauty did not stop us from moving on and sadly leaving Italy for the southern Tyrol.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb