Hill towns and three hour lunches


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Todi
January 13th 2008
Published: January 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was pretty rainy here in Roma... and true to "when in Rome..." I stayed indoors and enjoyed some time relaxing. I guess Romans melt in the rain, but I certainly didn't mind a day of sleeping in. Later that evening I got to see the Colosseum. It was beautiful at night, and so calm because not very many people decided to venture out to see it after the rain. I also had my first gelato, some sort of chocolate hazelnut I think, which was amazing!

Today we took a trip to the hill town, Todi, in Umbria. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. It was a bit rainy and cold, but the sun started coming out in the afternoon and made for a fantastic view. After wandering around a bit, we went to a fantastic 5 (or more? I lost count after a while) course meal even further up in the mountains. It was a great day, not a whole lot more to say about it, so I'll just leave you with some pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Sight-seeingSight-seeing
Sight-seeing

Cat, my roommate Thea and I trying our hardest to fit the Colosseum in the background of our picture... failure...
CobblestoneCobblestone
Cobblestone

The cobblestone in this area was pretty intense, but they were so pretty and a nice form of "high ground" when everything else was soaked.
TodiTodi
Todi

One of the many little side streets throughout the town.
TodiTodi
Todi

It was pretty foggy in the morning, but it did clear later in the afternoon.
ConversationalistsConversationalists
Conversationalists

Kylie was our interpreter for all the funny little Italian men that decided to give us the history of the town.
Side view of Todi...Side view of Todi...
Side view of Todi...

...with a small town highlighted further down the hill. See? The sun did make an appearance.
Lunch at TitignanoLunch at Titignano
Lunch at Titignano

Titignano is a 16th century manor that was so huge and beautiful. There was so much food and wine everywhere, everything was delicious! This is Kylie, Alysha, Jess and I during lunch.
Lunch at TitignanoLunch at Titignano
Lunch at Titignano

This was the view over the wall at Titignano.
Lunch at TitignanoLunch at Titignano
Lunch at Titignano

Kylie, Alysha, me, Jess and AJ


14th January 2008

Pictures
Great pictures, you guys look a little flush in the face, maybe too much wine? We hope all is well with you, we love you,. Have fun Grandma and Grandpa

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.078s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb