Day 4 of Best of Italy Tour


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Assisi
September 4th 2007
Published: September 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On the waterOn the waterOn the water

Our restaurant in Sorrento
We were sad to leave Rome, but excited to start the 'travelling' part of our tour. We headed south from Rome via Monte Cassino to Pompeii - what an amazing city frozen in time. It was extrememly hot (and some of the yanks whinged like there was something our guide could do!) but we really enjoyed it. We saw some bars (with wine holders), some residential homes (with gardens and everything) and then Luke's favourite - the red light district - complete with beds and even the girls 'menus' written above their rooms!

From Pompeii, we continued on to Sorrento for 2 nights.

We just loved Sorrento so much - so laid back, yet so charming. We joined an optional tour and had a seafood dinner in a restaurant right on the water - literally - suspended above the water like a jetty.

The following day we had some free time in Sorrento, so went searching for the Foreigners Club. Linda & Tom you were right - what an amazing view!!

After lunch, we jetted over to the Isle of Capri - we thought we loved Sorrento until we arrived at Capri!! We cruised around the Island
On the WaterOn the WaterOn the Water

Us - in the restaurant over the water
- ducking into all the caves - and even had time for a swim in the ocean.

We caught a cable car / train to the top of the mountain - and the view was breath taking.

We are now in Assissi - have visited St Francis' Basillica - even older than the Sistine Chapel!!

And now off for dinner at the hotel - overlooking Umbria.

PS - Luke is shitty that Penrith got the wooden spoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

SwimmingSwimming
Swimming

Luke swimming off the boat in Capri
View from the TopView from the Top
View from the Top

From the top of Capri
Gondola RideGondola Ride
Gondola Ride

Our tour guide treated us like royalty in a Gondola Ride


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb