Europa Day 37


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » San Gimignano
June 18th 2012
Published: June 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 37

A lazy day today. Wake and do breakfast (yes, food again but when it is included and you get choices of fresh meats, cheeses, freshly picked cherries or apricots it's hard to knock back......).

Decide to just visit the township of San Gimignano. Another walled city but this one has lots of towers. These towers differ from others we have seen as they were built to show off rather than for protection from invaders. Originally there were over 20 towers, each taller and grander then the other. There are now only 7 left, but when you look around the area lots of houses have their own little tower (the place we are staying has one).

Some shopping and then back for domestic duties and a swim. Meet 2 Dutch couples around the pool and get chatting about their lives, politics, ways of holidaying (one couple are on a BMW motorbike) and general chit chat.

All head off to town for tea ( one couple riding bikes..... Lots of hills). Get back after a nice tea and find the bikies around the pool having a wine so we join them. The other Dutch couple arrive back and they join us. They were the push bikies and said while it was a good ride it was very dark and the bikes had no lights...... They were stopping trying to get photos of the glow flies as well.

Finish our drinks and head off to bed after watching the lights of the city and hunting satellites.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.368s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb