I feel a litlle tipsy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Pisa
May 23rd 2006
Published: May 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,

That's right, we hit Pisa today! It was better than we thought it would be and we spent several hours there. We toured the Cathedral and the Opera(?). The Cathedral was gorgeous with all the arches, carvings, and detail that the people of the time offered to the church. The Opera, it turns out, is where the upper crust of ancient Pisa were entombed. Carefully carved, marble covered graves line the long promenades and sarcofugi (caskets) are placed neatly around the edges. Of course, we also took the time to climb the leaning tower. It is apparent that we aren't alone. The marble steps are worn into bowl shapes from the centuries of use. The view from the top was magnificent! We had split up earlier - Brenda and Kaela went to validate or tickets while Savana, Noah, and I went to find parking. We had to ge the tickets on time since our scheduled visit was time sensative. We were all glad when we met up at the base of the tower - ON TIME! We are soooo cool!
Anyway, everyone else is back at the condo, slowly waking from their much needed ciesta while I came to drop you all a note. Don't be confused, I took ciesta too! Sorry about the pictures in our earlier post - I had to pirate a connection for that one and it was too slow to get our photos through. I will put some of them here to make it up to you.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The FlightThe Flight
The Flight

It was a really long day for all of us - but we carried on....
A typical 'street'A typical 'street'
A typical 'street'

Just a tpical view of a Venice 'street'
The GondolaThe Gondola
The Gondola

We all needed a break and the gondola was just the ticket.
Santa MariaSanta Maria
Santa Maria

The Venetians have a way of planting their buildings where they want them - no matter what.


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 39; dbt: 0.073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb