Study Day


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Montepulciano
June 3rd 2012
Published: June 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ape50 (Ape Cinquanta)Ape50 (Ape Cinquanta)Ape50 (Ape Cinquanta)

This is a little truck built over the top of a small motorbike. Common in the country areas. It is called Ape, pronounced ARPAY. Not ape as in gorilla, but ape as in bee, because that's what they sound like!
Study Day



Sunday 3 June 2012



Still trying to get a grasp on maschile e feminile, essere e avere, singola e plural, etc., etc., etc! So I took to the books again today, as tomorrow I start my second (final) week, and I don’t want to begin it from a behind position… if you get my drift.



Did a quick grocery shop and bought a pizza to take home for dinner. Mmmmm, mamma mia, delicious… and so cheap! One third of the price we pay in Australia and three times as good! The pastry is so light and the ingredients are so fresh. We Aussies would do well to take on board some of the Italian techniques in the pizza-making department.



Well, back to the Italian lessons. Write soon. Please feel free to comment or contact me.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

This is the bell tower in the Piazza GrandeThis is the bell tower in the Piazza Grande
This is the bell tower in the Piazza Grande

This bell tower is one of the oldest buildings in Montepuciano. Believe it or not it's even old than the church that is connected to it. Church build in the sixteen century and bell tower in the 15th.
Piazza GrandePiazza Grande
Piazza Grande

The centre of it all and located at the very top of the hill. Here is located the town hall, information centre, police station, very old etuscan wine cellars, the palace built by the noble families of the time. Duomo (cathedral), hotel cafe's and restaurants.
Town Hall at the top of the hillTown Hall at the top of the hill
Town Hall at the top of the hill

Walking up the last stretch of hill to the Piazza Grande. That is the Montepulciano town hall in the view.


5th June 2012

Italy!!
Well it sounds as though you are having a wonderful experience. Have just finished showing the pictures to Geoff and letting him read your very interesting comments. Have you done any more research!?????? No, of course not, you are on holiday and so you should enjoy. I think it is very exciting and I have just shared with my youngest daughter, Martine, who was over there last year - she said it sounds really very exciting and wishes she was back there, too. You must be about half way through your trip - just enjoy every day because it will be home time in no time at all. Sorry!! Talk to you soon - yes did get your email and thank you for the compliment about being great researchers - we try to please. All good wishes, Diane.

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb