ISOLA D ELBA


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Isola d'Elba
May 14th 2011
Published: May 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: elba 17 secs
ISOLA D ELBA

We got invited away for the weekend to go to elba with David’s family; the local soccer club from pallerone was going. Little did we know when we said yes was we would have to get up at 4AM.
We have to be up at 6.45am to take the kids to school, but not 4am.
We made it and in typical Italian style the bus was meant to leave at 4.45am and around 5.45 it left, I don’t even get upset or mad anymore.

We drove to catch the Ferry which was around 2 hours and then on the boat for an hour and half, David and I would like to do a cruise one day. We have decided perhaps we are not cruise type people; we didn’t cope well with the 1.30min crossing let alone 10 day’s on a cruise ship.

Elba is a lovely little Island very different to the Cinque Terre more holiday feeling about it, it is all mountains like most of Tuscany. One side the beaches are stone and the other side sand and one side blue the other brown.
We took the kids for lunch on the beach

and then a swim, David went for a walk and I was life guard. I put my head down for just a minute to be woken by Madison telling me “MUM YOU ARE SNORING”.

David took the boy’s to the opening of the soccer and said it was the most amazing fireworks he has ever seen (not sure what he is comparing it to remember he did grown up in Elmore and the closest we got to fireworks was the Rochy show).

They did not get home till quarter to one and in the morning they were not pretty sites, David was even happy to miss the free hotel breakfast he was so tied.
We got home that night at 11pm tired and hungry on the way home Simmoneta said don’t worry Mirella has us tea. So at 11.30 at night we had a 2course meal that she prepared and had waiting for us, table cloth and all. I so badly want a Nonna to be home when I get home late and tied.
All in all it was a great weekend



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



19th May 2011

looks lovely...glad you survived the boat trip!

Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb