The gardens of Firenze


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
April 4th 2012
Published: April 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ponte VecchioPonte VecchioPonte Vecchio

View of Ponte Vecchio, from Ponte Alle Grazie, over the river Arno.
Today was an exciting dy for the ragazzi. We visited the some famous gardens and the galleries in the Palazzo Pitti.

After crossing the river Arno, we started at Giardino Bardini - a large garden area at the Villa Bardini that is built on the side of a steep hill. It ascends to Belvedere and there are beautiful views of the city of Firenze to behold.

A few drops of rain were the first time we had experienced anything like bad weather on our trip so far, but it cleared fairly quickly and we enjoyed the rest of our stroll. The baroque steps are very steep and long and walking down then requires some care.

The garden tour then continued on through to Giardini Boboli and Palazzo Pitti. The Boboli gardens are even bigger than Bardini and there are many gallaries to visit including porcelain, costume and modern art. The views are equally stunning and include the terrain on the other side of the river Arno.

After a stroll through the Museo degli Argenti we journeyed home over the bridge at Ponte Vecchio. The streets here are lined on either side with gold jewellers. Emily is desperate
Giardino BardiniGiardino BardiniGiardino Bardini

Under the Pergolato di Glicini (wisteria pergola).
to buy some earrings, but Nicholas keeps pointing out that she doesn't have Euro 1,000 to spend.

Coming back to our apartment via Piazza Signoria, the kids headed straight for gelati, of course, in Via Dei Neri. Nick believes this was the best gelato he had enjoyed so far. Jake is still a fan of Grom.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



7th April 2012
Giardino Bardini

That photo is just gorgeous under the wisteria! It all sounds sooo awesome. Have just been reading the last few entries whilst waiting for hot choc and coffee in Cafe in wonthaggi...Florence definately beats this! Enjoy Venice x
7th April 2012
Giardino Bardini

Hot Choc in Wonthaggi??
Hey Suze - I've had to order Cafe Americano three times for Sue. You should have seen the look the first guy gave me. I refuse to do this again for the rest of the trip. We only have a few days in Italy left and I cannot have anything upset the baristas...

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb