Carapina, one of the best ice-creams in Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
March 18th 2012
Published: March 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Carapina via LambertescaCarapina via LambertescaCarapina via Lambertesca

Carapina makes one of the best ice-creams in Florence
I have to admit that I'm a bit fussy about ice-cream, even though I'm Italian. I prefer traditional ice-cream, possibly handmade with organic ingredients. This is the reason why I love Carapina.

Carapina is a small ice cream shop making ice-cream following according to the old Italian tradition unsing only fresh and seasonal ingredients. In fact all Carapina's fruits flavors are seasonal. This means that you find strawberry ice-cream only rom may to june.

The ice-cream is handmade, organic and has an unique taste. As a matter of fact when you taste strawberry it looks like you're eating fresh strawberries. And it's the same for any other fruit.

There is also a large selection of creams' and chocolates' flavors. If you're a chocolate person try the dark chocolate flavor, while if you like milky flavors taste Primo latte because it's excellent.

Carapina has two shops in Florence: the first shop is located in Piazza Oberdan, outside the city center, while the second is located in via Lambertesca, right in the historical center behind Piazza della Signoria, just few steps from Ponte Vecchio.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb