Day 34 - Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
May 21st 2011
Published: May 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today over breakfast I got chatting to the two English ladies I was talking to last night. We decided to got out together to Michealangelo's plaza. This is where all the postcard views of Florence are taken from. The views over the city were absolutely stunning.

After the plaza we went for a walk further up the hill and saw a wedding party arrive. All very spectacular and beautiful. After sitting down and recuperating our breath we went back down to a bar/cafe place we'd noticed by the plaza. We sat down and had three pasta dishes between us. We then all had a cocktail. I went for a maritini which was very nice and refreshing. I didn't pay for any of this as one of them had already offered to pay. Me and the other lady split the tip between us.

After we got back to the hostel we agreed to meet back in the lounge area at 8. We'd already picked up some beer on the way back to the hostel. We went and sat outside in a square chatting and listening to music being played at a couple of clubs on the square before heading into one of the clubs to get a very nice pancake and dance a bit. I headed home at about 1am because I had to get up relatively early for my train to Marseillie tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb