Last week of Luxury


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
July 20th 2007
Published: July 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,

We have arrived safely in Florence after a fun car journey. The city of gold, leather, and the David. The temperature here is through the roof, but a little water and ice cream and we were fine. We are still traveling with my dad, Nan and Nikki and having a great time sightseeing and shopping.

The Ponte Vecchio is a major hotspot here. It is a bridge covered in shops, that since the 1600's has only been allowed to sell gold and jewels. It is a great place to windowshop. We also made it to the statue of David and to a church which houses the tombs of Michelanglo and Galileo. We also took a day trip to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

While here we can confirm that the Italians definitely love to eat. It is not only a meal to them, but a great occasion that requires several courses. We visited some great restaurants where you order maybe an appetizer and main course, but they bring you champagne, different breads, your appetizer, one appetizer they choose for you, your main meal, and a dessert whether you want it or not. All the food was great though and we weren't shy trying new things. Brandon had wild boar one night and I tried tripe another. Many people think tripe is a type of fish, but I can tell you it is not. It is the stomach lining of a lamb, but very good.

We were sad to see my family go, but are now back on our trip alone. We had a great time but are now traveling to Naples, the mafia capital of the world.

Wish us luck,
Sami and Brandon


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb