I think I ate too much


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Trentino Alto Adige » Trento
September 11th 2006
Published: September 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We woke up and struck up a conversation with Tamara, the girl at the reception desk. She was a local but spoke excellent English and had traveled all around NZ. She recommended that we take a trip to Lake Garda, about an hour away. We went to a local supermarket and got a couple of massive bits of pizza and some cartons of juice for a good deal and then got a bus out to the lake. It was a warm day and the water was warm so we went swimming and just lay in the sun for most of the arvo. It was a pretty popular place (biggest lake in Italy), with a lot of windsurfers, and sailors.

When we got back into Trento we managed to locate an all you can eat restaurant for 7 Euros, it had great food and was full. I can tell you we were full afterwards as well, (I just can’t leave an all you can eat place unless I feel like I am ready to explode). After this we convinced Tamara to come out for a drink so went to a bar/restaurant which was huge, it had about five different drinking/dining areas. It was good talking to a local to find out some local insights. At about 2am we got back, despite seeing some bums sleeping in the park and a massive rat running around the streets we had already decided that we would stay another night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb