Brescia and Ferryboat Ride on Lake Garda


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Sirmione
April 19th 2012
Published: April 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

First of all, let me correct yesterday's entry. We only took one nap and Sally pointed out we were "hyped" not "hiped."

Today was so full and rich I hardly know where to begin. We caught a train to Desenzano near the south end of Lake Garda and caught a ferry boat (looks like a catamaran to me, check out the photo and see what you think.) Flat Stanly went along although he was worried about the weather. Note the clouds in the photos. However, he needn't have worried since we only got one short heavy down pour that gave us a chance to duck into a Bar (a place mostly for coffee and snacks, although you can get drinks, too.)

We took the ferry to Sirmione, which is a peninsula that sticks up into the lake. We spent an hour and a half there touring a castle where we climbed stairs for ever to reach the top to see the city. Then, we jumped back on the ferry to Garda and walked on the beach for and had a picnic in the park. Back to the ferry to return to Desenzano to catch the train back to Brescia and our B & B. After a little down time, we went back to Mangiafuoco for dinner around 7:30—we’re getting into the late eating habit. He waitress let us order one primo piatto of pasta and one secondo piatto, splitting them between us so we each got a half portion of each. Sally and I both agreed we got way more than half portions. We also had wine and left the restaurant around 9:30, typical 2 hour Italian dinner.

The photo of me snuggling up to a guy in front of a rack of scarves is because he was closing up and sold us seven scarves. We'd been looking and not liking the scarves we'd seen. His were beautiful--well, I guess they'd have to be for us to buy so many.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb