Day 4 - Beijing to Milan


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
July 22nd 2013
Published: July 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

All packed and ready to go by 0930 and went to breakfast! Taxi's booked for 1000, one come about twenty past, so Emily, Jemima and I went in the first one and hoped that we would meet up with Mitchell and Erin at the airport! We reunited and collected our bags from left luggage, checked in and had a snack, then headed to immigration. One long walk, and train ride later, we made it to our flight just on time. The plane sat in the ta I line for over an hour but other than that it was an uneventful flight.




Arrived in Milan at 1930, collected our bags and straight through customs (couldn't even see an official) and then we had to work out how to use the public phone to call for our hotel shuttle because my phone has decided not to work (thanks for the Euro coins Jennifer). Checked into the hotel although our room was not in the main building but a villa in the countryside about 5minutes away. It was very nice with three rooms with two beds and free wifi! The driver picked us up again about half an hour later (after we had freshened up, it was 0330 Beijing time by then) and we went back to the main building for dinner. We had pizza, pasta and wine, very nice. On the way back to the villa the driver stopped so we could get some local homemade gelato, delicious and only 1euro per scoop! A little bit of Facebook catching up and then there were five dead bodies!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb