Milan 2012


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
October 12th 2012
Published: October 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Milan

Milan, everyone seems to dislike it, but we liked it. Our hotel, which was near the centre, couldn’t find our reservation, sent us to another hotel (it’s a chain) in the sticks. Still it was 4 star and nice. So we hadn’t had lunch as Alitalia’s in-flight service is non-existent (unless you call 5 mini biscuits service) so we wandered and the only thing we could find open was Tizzy’s NY grill. We had some yummy burgers (not very Italian of us) and wonderful Chianti and a chat to the owner Tizzy from New York. Afterward, we caught the metro to central station to buy our tickets to Venice, then went back to the Duomo and walked around.

The next day (yesterday) we went to the Duomo, which is a very grand cathedral and beautiful (but not my favourite in terms of European cathedrals) still it’s very impressive from the front. We had lunch and wandered to the castello (castle) and had a look around the museums. We then went walking and shopping, and had drinks then dinner in the Brera area.

Now we are on our train to Venice (which we very nearly missed thanks to slow reception and morning traffic). More from me later. Ciao!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb