VIVA ITALIA!!!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Genoa
July 9th 2006
Published: July 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

karla watching the gamekarla watching the gamekarla watching the game

ITALY vs. FRANCE!
soo.. its been a long time! Everything is going unreal! We're both doing really well and having an amazing time exploring Europe. So far we've done the west coast countries and they surpast our expectations. We've seen some amazing sights and had a great time. Now we are at our half way point ... can you believe it!?!? We split our trip to Italy up into two parts with our trip to Greece being in the middle.
Going back to the 9th of July.... VIVA ITALIA!! Italy beat France in the World Cup final and guess where we were ... ITALY! it was unreal! We arrived in Italy on the 9th and you could feel the excitment in the air just at the train station in Genova. We made our way up to the hostel that we were staying at that night hoping to get the second half of the game as the train was running a bit late. Let me tell you about our train adventure to Italy. Our plan was to leave Nice and head to Milan. By the time we got to the train station the train to Milan was sold out and tyhat was the only train
VIVA ITALIAVIVA ITALIAVIVA ITALIA

ITALY vs. FRANCE!
leaving towards a big Italian city. So we decided to jump on the regional train that would take us to the train staion at the border of France and Italy. When we got to our track we saw that it shared the same track as the train that was headed to Milan .... so being the trouble makers that we are we jumped on that train without a ticket or a reservation ... hummmmmm. The train started getting fuller and fuller after every stop (which was many stops) Loud Italians were talking (yelling) to each other everywhere we looked and the train just started to feel smaller and smaller! we ended up smashed together with our huge bags with about 30 other Italians in an aisle that was about 2 feet wide ... it gets better... looking down the aisle you could see people talking (yelling ) louder and moving to a side .... yup the coffee cart was trying to make it through the already too crowded aisle ... not the best idea in my books ..hahaha. On thing about the Italian train system its never on time. We were running two hrs late .. just another day for the Italian .. however for the two Canadians on board it was not to normal as we're used to t he VERY PUNCTUAL transit system from back home. I mean if the OC transpo is 5-10 min late ( this is karla talking) .. believe me. i am not a happy person! hahaha So because we really wanted to see the game we got off in GENOVA. Our hostel was in the middle of nowhere (Ians words.. in bum**** nowhere) however there was a big screen tv projector in the square to watch the game. lets just say ITALIANS LOVE FOOTBALL! it was crazy! and when they won ...it was insane. the whole night was a non stop party as you could imagine! the old men were almost crying they were so happy and the younger guys were so happy they were lighting off fire works and flairs it was nuts .. but .. gotta love italians they had forgoten that at half time then had papered the square with toilet paper and the flairs and fireworks set the whole square on fiire hahahah~!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!
next stop ...PISA



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

squair on firesquair on fire
squair on fire

stupid people hahahaha


Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb