Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
August 25th 2012
Published: August 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys. Well we have finally arrived in Rome. Short flight from Paris, extremely hot and humid- 1st day temp was 42. Most amazing accommodation, like staying in a palace. Beautiful suite including all luxuries. Had a beautiful swim on the rooftop cascading pool, first swim of the trip. Had dinner with Carters management and Winstone suppliers. Had a great first day which included a city tour on chauffeured driven Vespas. What a fab experience. 160 Vespas driven through the city of Rome, the general public loved it and cheered us on. First night, Carters organised a surprise event - we arrived at the Vatican museums and had the privilege of having a private viewing with a tour guide. Unbeleivable! Cocktails and nibbles in the courtyard.

Today we were collected by bus and driven to the Colleseum to view the ruins and learn the history of ancient Rome. Temp extremely hot but incredible experience.

Tomorrow is a free day so would like to have a look at some local shopping areas.

Each day we arrive back from a full day to a welcome gift in our room and the next days event.

Hope everybody well ,time going so fast. Talk soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb