Sexy, sexy Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
August 21st 2012
Published: August 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well, it's been a while.

Italy was sexy. We first arrived in Florence and went for a meal at mama Tuscana's. The waitress was a right babe and was probably the only non-angry Italian to ever exist. She even kept the resturant open longer than it should have been and wished us' good luck with everything we ever do, ever'.

After, we went for a stroll and came across the Duomo (I think that's what it's called) which was hugely impressive. I think visiting Florence is worth it just for that building, it's pretty ridic. (Matt - its really, really not!)

When we got back to our hotel room we watched 'Deejay TV' and discovered that the air conditioning leaked like a bitch. Every now and then it would just go mental and start dribbling all over the floor.

The next day was more sight seeing in the soul crushing heat. We saw the statue of David and a bunch of plazas, all of which were quite pretty. Due to the heat/the fact that we haven't rested in days/ being an over-emotional wreck at the best of times, I ran into emotional turmoil and so we returned to rest at the hotel for a while. When my angst tornado had calmed, we went out for another meal, this time by the Duomo.

After that, it was time to go to Rome. We arrived and immediately were assulted by heat and Italian arguments. We made it to our hostel, expecting the worst but it was actually really nice. After about an hours recovery period we braved it and went out to view Rome and all of it's treasures. It was hot and sweaty but the things dotted around are all really worth seeing.

During this viewing, me and Matt had our first argument. It was bound to happen and we had to sit on some dodgy steps for about an hour to recover our dignity and relieve our anger. Typical that we'd get angry in a country full of angry people.

Anyway, later on we found the most typical Italian resturant in existance - cobbled streets, vines, cheap but delicious wine, the whole shebang. It was cheap and glorious. It took pretty much the rest of the evening to get the bill.

We slept in air conditioned heaven.

The next day was pretty much the same, sight seeing and little resturants.

Our clothes are now all gross, and I think I've melted away half of my body weight, but I really enjoyed Italy.

Harriet von bitch


Matt - I absolutely loved Rome! Around every little corner there was always something impressive to see. We saw most of the obvious sights to see, but my definate favourites were st. Peters basillica and palatine hill. Palatine hill was absolutely brilliant when you got to the top of it, it was really mediterranean with all the palm trees and flowers everywhere, and lizards and these dodgy black rabbits running around your feet, but amongst all these thousand year old ruins that were scattered everywhere. I went in the morning when the sun was still low in the sky which made it even cooler, and also the heat wasn't overwhelming at that point. Also, you could see all of rome from the top, it was pretty intense. And st. peters basillica was just amazing, it was definately one impressive church. And we saw the popes dodgy little perch!

I wasn't really a big fan of florence to be honest - the big cathedral was pretty cool and seeing the statue of david was okay, but that was basically it. I thought the place was pretty overrated, especially in comparison to Rome, obviously. If you see beyond the museums and the occassional monument, its pretty disheartening. I would only recommend it to people that are really into their museums and art. Atleast it was cheap!

Matt

Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb