When in Rome....


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 30th 2006
Published: June 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

World Cup Game 2World Cup Game 2World Cup Game 2

At the second game we went to at Colon. Tommy got some girl to paint his face. It was hot and sweaty, but tons of fun. Too bad Spain lost.
Quick update about the rest of Madrid first. Tuesday, we got a very short tour of the Spanish Parliment building. Had class. Tuesday night was the futbol game between Spain and France so we went back to the Colon to watch it. It was unbelieveable crazy. We got there a few minutes after the game started and there were people in the crowd with flares because Spain had scored. Some of the guys we were with pushed there way in but Jennifer and I aren't big enough to push our way through. We literally could not move, people were pushing and it was just looking like it could get bad. Tommy went with us way to the back where there was room to move and breathe. We left before the game was over because we weren't sure how crazy it might get and we didn't want to be in the middle something. It really is so amazing to be in Europe during the World Cup. The rest of our stay in Madrid was devoted to school, sadly.

This afternoon we flew out of Madrid to Rome. We were on the same plane as some of the other girls from our trip. When we landed there were literally guys on tractors bailing hay next to the runway. We haven't got to see much yet, but so far its amazing. There are a bunch of people in Rome right now that we are hoping to meet up with and see everything. Tomorrow morning we tourist!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

RomeRome
Rome

This is from walking around a little bit our first night in Rome.


Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb