EASTER


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 1st 2011
Published: May 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: TREVI 11 secs

EASTER IN ROME

We had a lovely Easter we took Brigid back to the airport, so we went a couple of day's earlier
to see the sights of Rome (our last visit at xmas we were to stressed to see anything).

We got to see the Trevi Fountain, Spanish steps, Patheon and the Colosseum.

We saw the outside of the Vatican but it was so busy been Easter Saturday and it closed at 1pm to get ready
for the Mass.

We did the open bus tour.

All the kids were a bit bla bla about Rome because David kept saying I hate Rome, full of beggers and it's horrible.
(He had'nt been there since he was 12). Well we loved it one of my faviourte cities and I can see why they say A life time is not long enough to see Rome.

I have worked out why ITalians only drink Short Blacks, there is not a Public Toilet in the whole of Italy and if there is one you have to pay. So I'm sure that's why they only drink little coffee's so they don't have to go to the toilet.

The

only down for the day is around 7.30pm we go to get the hotel shuttle bus back to the hotel. Well there was 100people catching the one shuttle back. Grown people turned into Animals We tryed to get out of the crush and I had to drag Siobhan out. One Germany lady got the best of me and I said that's so rude, after she had her elbows in my face. She just looked at me and said "you don't know what rude is".
The Carbinieri were called because the bus driver couldnt leave because people wouldnt get off the bus who did'nt have seats. NOT one Carbinieri but 3 cars. Even with them telling them to get off people wouldnt.
We got on the next shuttle bus and much to my happiness, I was glad to see the Germany Lady on the side walk as we drove off.

Well David has changed his opion of Rome and now loves it, no one tryed to steal his wallet and he came home with the 20euros he went with.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

SHERATON BARSHERATON BAR
SHERATON BAR

BEST PIZZA SO FAR


11th May 2011

Roma bellisimo
Glad you're finally appreciating Roma, Davide - about time, what's not to adore! Am drooling with envy here and can't wait too get back- missing you all, ciao for now
15th May 2011

Pizza
Chicken the most striking thing about all these photo's is that they served gerkins on the pizza - I bet you inhaled them before anyone else got to you. Rome looks a bit warmer than when we were there. You should have clocked the german shiela Georgie!

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb