Sunday is a day of rest


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
April 13th 2008
Published: April 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Since we had been taking Rome by storm over the past few days, we decided that it would be good to just take a day to relax and enjoy ourselves without having to rush through any sights. This would also be beneficial because we would have a long trip to Pompeii tomorrow. So we ended up sleeping in until almost noon, did our usual routine of breakfast and then internet, and headed off to do some more shopping and return to Piazza Navona.

Not too much to report today, we did end up going inside the Pantheon, which is now turned into a Catholic church...kind of ironic considering that the Pantheon was originally built as a temple to honor the gods. We saw were Raphael was buried, returned to Blue Ice for gelato round 2, and then went back to our hostel to relax and read.

I cooked a dinner shells and basil sauce, we had an apple pastry dessert, and then I proceeded to drink a whole bottle of Frescati, which is the local white Roman wine. Nothing like drinking by yourself in a foreign country in a hostel called RetRome...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb