Day 11 - Lake Como - Bologna


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna » Bologna
August 2nd 2013
Published: August 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

As we left Interlaken we stopped at a supermarket and spent the last of our Swiss Francs on rolls and salad. We headed to Lake Como following a spectacular drive out of the valley. Hit a bit of a traffic jam as we entered the Goddard tunnel and another at the Italian boarder. At Lake Como we couldn't find anywhere to park so we decided to continue on around the lake and find somewhere to have lunch. It was a very nice drive but the roads were very narrow and the drive quite challenging for Mitchell and the lake was a long way down from the road. We eventually found a picnic table with parking and a view and stopped for lunch. The rolls and salad were nice but it was very hot! Continued around the lake and stopped when we got to the end to make plans. We decided to head to Bologna as we weren't able to find any hotels locally.

Arrived in Bologna around 8pm and were able to find parking at the end of Raechel's street. Unpacked and headed to Raechel's favourite restaurant, Nicola's. it was very good. We had a large serve of Bruchetta with buffalo mozzarella which was divine, pasta, pizza, dessert and wine. The owner took photos including one of Mitchell waving the money around when we got the bill. Back to Raechel's, still over 30 degrees at 11pm, we found spaces for everyone to sleep and slept.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb