Day 1 - Sorrento, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
May 19th 2011
Published: May 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We made it to Sorrento, Italy after a day and night of traveling. We begin our journey at noon from San Diego where we took a flight from San Diego to Los Angeles and then Los Angeles to Rome, then took a train from Rome airport to Rome Termini train station where we then took another train to Napolis Centrale and then another train from Napolis to Sorrento and finally a taxi to the hotel. What a day of traveling!

We arrived at Sorrento around 6:00 pm. My first impression of Sorrento was WOW! What a beautiful town. After we checked in to our hotel, we walked around and had dinner at the main square. What a relaxing way to end the day.

We met a nice lady on the plain from LAX to Rome who was on her way to Venice. We talked with her about our various trips. We also meet a couple of nice Italian guys who helped give us pointers onwhat to do and see. One helped us find the correct train from Naples to Sorrento. That station was not well marked and all he wanted in return was to practices his English. A second guy who saw my luagge tag which was from a company I worked for years ago. He came over and talked to us about how he used to work for thesame company. He also gave us pointers on most of the destinations we were traveling to.

We had a very nice dinner at the Fuanta Restaurant and Bar at the center of town and watched the world go by... Ken is taking a nap right now while I am updating the blog. We probably going out for Gelato later and to explore a little more of the town before getting some rest for tomorrow.

We love our hotel here in Sorrento. Just a few steps from the center of town. We are in the middle of everything. We feel lucky to have gotten this particular hotel since we originally had planned to stay in Naples because we couldn't find good hotel rooms in Sorrento. From everything we've heard, we definitely made the right decision - even if it was

Tomorrow, we either explore Amafi Coast areas or take a ferry over to Capri. Should be fun!

Here are some pictures from yesterday and today. The same pictures I upload on Facebook...


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb