Praiano Day 4


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Positano
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Beach day today and by the time we got organised we didn’t leave until 11am which when I think about it seems to have happen a lot throughout the trip, I guess cause of the late nights. We caught the bus to the top of the cliffs and then walked down to what we found out was Praiano’s Marina. Between two very steep cliffs is a beach with a couple of restaurants and Cafés and a place to buy tickets to Capri. We had a coffee each and R sampled yet another different type of pastry. The beach wasn’t that inspiring as it’s was lacking pebbles (notice I didn’t say sand?) and the soft round rocks resembled mini boulders (OK I exaggerate, they were only the size of a cricket ball). We noticed that a few people were disappearing around a corner so decided to follow. Around the corner was a track that had been carved out of the cliff face and there were not only restaurants but sun beds and umbrellas too.

After checking out the coast line with its twists and turns we choose a place with a view in every direction, of the Marina with the little fishing boats bobbing up and down, of the old lighthouse nearby and off course the med, Bella!

Location taken care of now all we had to do was, well…nothing, which we did rather well till lunch time and then walked up the ramp to the restaurant above for a light lunch and vino. This was the place I decided that I would like to spend the first part of my Birthday the following day.

A few more hours of nothing and sun, and the wind was up a little and the water was slamming against the cliff had started to wet the small group of us left on the beds. There were still people swimming tho which I thought was a bit crazy, however, people here just pop themselves into the water via a set of steps and they are in, no having the luxury of a beautiful sandy beach like we do in oz. Before we left I asked about a table for lunch tomorrow and the owner said “no problem, see me tomorrow”. R explained that it was my Birthday tomorrow and we had come all the way from oz to celebrate it here on the coast. So she told us to pick a table tomorrow no problems.

Walked back around the cliffs and up (another) steep hill to the top to catch the bus, yep just missed one. Traffic watching has now taken over as the number one pass time when waiting for stuff here and as we were just near one of the many tunnels that dot the coast road there was endless entertainment between buses, cars and motorbikes.

Once home a quiet couple of hours and then a walk down the hill to a local Trattoria for dinner. Tonight we shared Melon and Pancetta and a cherry tomato and mozzarella pizza. Gelato to top it off from the local café (as we did the previous night which I forgot to add) and another walk up the hill.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb