Mediterranean Cruise 2012


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Naples
October 28th 2012
Published: October 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Naples - Isle of Capri.

The following day we arrived at Naples and decided not to venture into Naples as we'd been there before and had also been to Pompei. So where did we go? Decisions, decisions... no not really - it was a no brainer - we chose Isle of Capri.

We caught a boat across to the Isle of Capri which took approximately an hour and a half. It is a beautiful place and we saw a lot of shops and people who had chosen to go there were excited to be there. Quite by accident we found the cable car which we caught and ended up at the top section of the island - well as you can imagine - more magical views from up there over the city and the sea and of course another beautiful day. We had a great look around and declined offers to go up into the mountains.... too high, narrow and winding - not for me!

The amazing thing on a lot of these islands is the high end fashion and jewellery shops everywhere - in the most unusual places. But then again there are photos of many stars and celebrities who have been there on holidays, Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez and her husband, Robert de Niro... just to name a few. We saw some truly beautiful scenery on our walks and many opulent hotels - obviously for the rich and famous!

During our walk around there we stopped at a restaurant which faced the sea and had great views of the boats coming and going and the city of course. However, can't say much about the food and wine - was quite disappointing but the place was full due to the views so they didn't care. John couldn't drink the wine, bread was about 3 days old, no butter, and the meal was only just edible.

One thing I have been meaning to mention is the toilets in all of these places - no seats on them and all used toilet paper goes into a bucket and not in the toilet and you have to pay for a lot of them so having some change is always a good thing and toilets are few and far between. A lot of restaurants will only let customers use their facilities.

There was so much to do on the Isle of Capri but we ran out of time but it's on our bucket list to spend more time there sometime in the future - God willing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb