Day 9: Otranto and settling in


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Apulia » Otranto
June 2nd 2012
Published: June 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

LunchLunchLunch

Grocery store visit, resulting in meat, cheese sandwich and beer for lunch!
Awoke around 6, watered the plants, made some instant coffee I’d picked up at the hotel in Malta, and worked on the blog on the balcony. The town is very quiet in the morning, only the lady across the alley cleaning her balcony and sweeping the street.



We walked to the café/meeting place and had coffee and pastry. The group met and we had a tour of the city, with Marthe Keller pointing out practical places like the grocery and hardware store.



My roomie Martha and I went to the grocery and stocked up. We came home and made ham and cheese paninis and a beer for lunch. At 3 pm, we met in the castle and drew numbers for studio space. It was tense! Mine was easy, any place without light. I got the storage room, perfect space. We cleaned and set up. It was important to keep the floors clean, so we used plastic paint cloths for protection.



For dinner we met Rob and Mary and headed to the grilled fish restaurant. We had grilled swordfish, calamari, and sardines cooked in parmasean sauce. YUM. Then we came back to “our
DinnerDinnerDinner

Dinner of grilled swordfish with Martha, Mary and Rob
house” and had lemoncello and talked…. Great evening!



More Pictures Below



(see more photos below)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Studio 1Studio 1
Studio 1

The tower on top of the castle wall is Studio 1. The others are hidden from view.
Our BalconyOur Balcony
Our Balcony

We have to water the plants!
BrideBride
Bride

Lots of weddings in Otranto... it's a destination


3rd June 2012

You're amazing!
Love reading about your travels and seeing the pictures. The apartment balcony is beautiful with the flowers. Makes me want to go more than ever!!! Keep on blogging....
4th June 2012

So familiar
Seeing all your images really is making it tough not to pack my camera and hop a plane. It is all so familiar even though I've not been to this area. When you describe the food, my mouth waters. Who would have thought a town like Ontranto was a destination wedding location. Glad you got the darkroom you needed. Take more photos.

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb