HOME SWEET HOME


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Apulia » Lecce
August 31st 2009
Published: August 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

SALENTO


it's great to enjoy beautiful natural scenaries....all so quiet and relaxing.
It's so enthrallig how nothing feels like home. Moving away from this place really uprooted me from my own earth. But even if London has always been my dream city, I couldn' t help but coming Home. The mild climate, our beautiful sandy beaches, our natural beauties.
that's why I decided to write down a bit about this amazing land.

There are many things to be seen. I live in a small town named Otranto or as it was called by the Greek Hydruntum.
It has a huge castle on the sea, a beautiful cathedral with the biggest jigsaw in Europe and an amazing sea.
There are 3 beautiful lake, the most interesting is "Red lake" with its red earth and green water.
There are many towns to be visited S. Cesarea with its solphorous springs, Castro with its castle and sea grottos(such as Zinzulusa and Romanelli), Gallipoli a city on the sea linked to the mainland by an old bridge, S. Maria di Leuca (the city of light also called "the end of the world") and Lecce, the biggest city in Salento, named The Florence
OtrantoOtrantoOtranto

cathedral
of the south because of the rich Baroque architectural monuments found in the city.
Everywhere you go, you can feel the magic of the place, maybe because of its history.........It is inhabitated since prehistoric times so everywhere you look you see traces of old civilisations such as Menhirs or Dolmen...
...well to tell the truth there so much to be seen I dunno where to start!!!!!!!!! :D.. hope the pics will help.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

otrantootranto
otranto

Alimini
OtrantoOtranto
Otranto

Castello


15th September 2009

Nice pics!
You mention the pics helping to get the idea of the beauty of the area, and I agree. This town of Lecce looks simply amazing. With the water, it almost looks tropical. Anyway, well done with the images, and I hope you'll share more of the area. Glad to see another great place in the world getting the attention it deserves!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb