Best Pizza in Brindisi


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Apulia » Brindisi
March 23rd 2007
Published: March 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Perfect Wine ShopThe Perfect Wine ShopThe Perfect Wine Shop

small, comfy, and filled with good stuff to eat and drink!
We had given up hope of finding a wine shop where I could make myself at home. Wine bars in the manner of those found in the USA aren’t in vogue here in Italy. We had resigned ourselves that such a place didn’t exist and so I had given up that ambition. Then the wine gods smiled upon us. A couple of weeks ago, our good friend Vincenzo suggested that we go get a pizza at a salumeria (Italian deli) that he liked. By sheer coincidence, our favorite grocer, Antonio had also told us of the same place. Antonio had words of praise for the owner’s wine collection. Serendipity smiled that day. It turned out that not only did this place have fabulous wines in stock, they make the very best pizza in all of Brindisi! And!!! It is the perfect little wine bar.
It is a neighborhood locale within walking distance of our apartment. How perfect can that be? As you can see in the photos, there are four small tables (one tucked away in a corner) where one can ensconce themselves and enjoy a pizza; all the while sitting next to a very excellent stock of wine. There
Team LuigiTeam LuigiTeam Luigi

Luigi on the right, knows how to make a person feel right at home.
is a steady stream of customers that troop in and out of the place. We drove by here all the time and wondered why there were so many cars double-parked in this section of the street. Now we know why.
La Salumeria di Luigi Enogastronomia serves up hot dishes ready-to-go, take-out pizza, and antipasta dishes from the deli. One can take out or eat on the premises. We have done both and greatly prefer eating there. It is sheer delight to eat with hams hanging from the rafters, next to bottles of wine, and eying the cheeses and meats in the deli case. Luigi the owner is a great guy and really knows his wines. I’ve asked him to recommend wines and each one has been excellent. Finally, a place to go hang my hat, kick back, complain about whatever Italians complain about, enjoy some wine, snacks, and do some people watching.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

So Much WineSo Much Wine
So Much Wine

So little time...our good friend Mark would think he had died and gone to Italian wine heaven!
The Good Hooch!The Good Hooch!
The Good Hooch!

Not to be confused with the regular hooch! I have my eye on a Barolo or two.
The Snack TrayThe Snack Tray
The Snack Tray

I'll take a little of this and a little of that...as my arteries proceed to harden some more.
It's is allIt's is all
It's is all

in the spin!
The BeforeThe Before
The Before

Just before the heat is applied.
The AfterThe After
The After

Pizza piping hot, two glasses of vino...
Got Pizza?Got Pizza?
Got Pizza?

Best pizza in Brindisi!
When Long HairWhen Long Hair
When Long Hair

is a menace.


24th March 2007

That's a gooda pizza!
That pizza looks soooo good! Bring some with when you come home! When are you guys comin' back? Bring wine too!

Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb