How a Bicycle Tour of Apulia (Italy) Made Me a Better Person


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Apulia » Bari
March 14th 2008
Published: March 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post


Thanks to...

Puglia occupies the entire heel of the south of Italy. This region is more surprising than any other region of Italy and includes:



As an ideal place where organize your self guided bicycle tours of Italy , the spur of Italy’s boot is Promontorio del Gargano (Gargano Promontory), a very popular tourist destination.

Some famous travel guides say it's an:



"An encyclopedia of nature...where legend interweaves with tradition, going deep inside the soul."

Gargano's white rocks have been sculpted by the sea, creating gorgeous natural caves and arcs.

Its mountain roads are curvy and perfect for medium to advanced bikers in search of adventures.

Serious bikers will want to tackle the tortuous road that circles the mountain, with stellar views along the way.

Inland on the mountain is Forest Umbra , a protected beech, oak, and pine forest with trails and campsites.

The wildlife here are only small animals, like roe-buck, fox, badger and wildcat.

The Foresta Umbra (Shady Forest) encompasses over sixty thousand acres, hundreds of animal species and two thousand plant species many normally associated with northern climes.

Monte Sant’Angelo ( here ) has been a major destination for pilgrims over the last fifteen hundred years.

Among them were St. Francis of Assisi and Crusaders on their way to the Holy Land.

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb