Isle Of Man


Advertisement
Isle of Man's flag
Europe » Isle of Man » Peel
June 28th 2013
Published: June 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Travelled from Liverpool to Isle of Man on an Easyjet flight. Took only 20 minutes, so by the time the pilot turned off the seatbelt sign he had to announce we had begun our descent!

Have spent three days on the island visiting relatives and seeing the sights. The IOM is a small island only 60 km long by 20 km wide. In fact one of my cousins walks home from one side of the country to the other at least once a week! The weather has been great here and we have had the chance to do a bit of walking. My family live in Peel which is spectacular with its ruined castle on the end of the beach. We walked up Peel Hill to Corrin's Folly and down the other side to The Creek. Ha ha see photo!

Have made the most of the local pubs. All very atmospheric! I have laughed and laughed with my family till the wee hours of the morning. In all, I have 13 relatives here on the island, quite a crowd at the pub!



P.S The Manx are a bit superstitious so we were careful to wish the fairies well as we crossed Fairy Bridge:

"Good morning little fairies. We wish you well and hope you wish us the same."

Rodents of unusual size are called "long tails" here. We must not utter the alternative names!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb