Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
July 31st 2012
Published: July 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We have arrived in Dublin! We are back to a (mostly) English speaking country. Our stay in the Netherlands was nice. It can get hard traveling around non-stop for or a month. It was nice to be able to have a home base in a quiet part of the country and rest, relax and recuperate. We did spend last night in Amsterdam, a must see city if you are into sex and weed. We are into neither and while we did have a quick look through the Red Light District, we spent our time at the Anne Frank Museum. It was a really well done museum of the Warehouses that Anne’s Father owned and the secret annex that her family lived in for two years before being discovered by the Nazi’s and taken to concentration camps. It was where Anne wrote her now famous diary. It was a good visit. We took a plane to Dublin today, we arrived and made it to our hostel alright. It is not the best hostel that we have had on our trip. It is a pretty small room with a double bed and spotty wifi access. We went out to a nearby pub to celebrate making it this far! We are trying to plan exactly what we want to do in Dublin, we were looking at making our way to Blarney, since it has been a few years since I have kissed the Blarney stone and my gift of gab has gotten less witty. There are some trips that leave from Dublin, but at 6:00am!! We will have to see if we can get up an ready early enough to make the tour!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb