Sea Voyages with Irish Fairies


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
June 7th 2012
Published: June 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately I got jipped in the blog department, my day was the second to last day in Ireland so it was full of traveling and not much else. The day started awakening at our beautiful location in Whales to go to some gift shops/walk around the town before we headed to the ferry to begin our sea excursion towards beautiful Dublin. Once arriving on the ferry we realized we were dealing with a full ship and wouldn't have the extra room to sprawl out and nap like last time. This was fine because there would be no sleeping on this ferry ride anyway. The waves crashed upon the rocks, shore and ferry as it released loud thuds and provoked nauseousness from its motions. Rocking back and forth, side to side and occasionally a large tip that had everyone thinking we may be going down. After we charged through the turbulent sea and arrived in our home away from home everyone was ready to get moving. The group was off to the hotel to drop off luggage receive bus tickets and stipends for our last night. After being stranded at the hotel for an hour we were released into the streets to find the bus, boarded and headed for barnacles. Oh, barnacles, how we missed you. The last night was fairly uneventful, or at least mine was. Me and a few of my compadres were planning on going "ham" as they call it in the states but eventually just decided that, after a big dinner and a long journey, we were too tired to make moves. Instead we voted on a movie night and me, and two other girls curled up in my twin bed, top bunk and watched the Sword in the Stone and Step Brothers. By the end of the second movie the streets were alive with loud howls and drunken chants, but we were exhausted and called it a night. After a much needed heavy slumber we were required to checkout at 10 the next day and then filled the last day with shopping and eating at our favorite spots to get rid of our last euros before we were squealing tires out of there for the Hotel. So long DUBLIN, we miss you already!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb