Giant's Causeway and Museum


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
May 2nd 2008
Published: May 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

I know it has been a couple of days since I last wrote, but we have stayed in hotels that didn't have internet. Go figure! anyway, we left Belfast and made our way along the A2 -coastal highway to the giant's causeway. This is rock formations that they believe were caused by volcanic eruptions. It was gorgeous, windy, and we walked as far up the trail as we could until the trail ended due to a recent rock slide. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

We then drove down to Dungannon which is where the ancestry records were supposed to be kept. Turns out it is only a little hole in the wall office that is not manned all the time, as the guy goes to Belfast to get records.......so go figured that we were right there in Belfast and more than likely could have started our quest there. Oh well.

We stayed at a very nice hotel in Omagh, which is where the Ulster Amereican Folk Park is. We got up the next morning and went to the park. It was really interesting......a lot of homes fromm the 1840s and recreations of streets in both Belfast and Boston that relate to the immigrants. I took a lot of video....so watch out for that video party.

Then we drove on to Enniskillen which is in the County of Fermanagh (fair maw nuh - emphasis on the maw). What a beautiful part of the country. We found a very nice.......well very expensive hotel......our one big splurge and our suite overlooks a river and oh it is gorgeous. Our table for dinner was right in front of window looking out on the gorgeous green grass, wavy water and white and dark clouds. Yep, it rained a couple of times yesterday......even hailed in the morning.

Today, Friday, we are leaving this gorgeous setting, driving through the county just so I can say I was here and then we are heading our way back to Dublin. Don't know if we will get to the tourist places, like Cork, Waterford, but we sure have enjoyed doing our own thing and seeing the smaller towns. Take care and talk at you later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb