Ireland Days 3 & 4


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
April 24th 2007
Published: September 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This morning it was another early start and a trip to the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren we also had a quick stop in Ennistymon before heading to Doolin for lunch. We liked Doolin so much that we decided to spend the rest of our day there. We found a really fun pub with live music that conveniently had a B&B next door. Since we wanted to visit the Aran Islands the next day and there was a ferry that left right from Doolin we decided to spend the night in Doolin too. Unfortunately when we woke up the next morning we found out the sea was too choppy for the ferry to leave from Doolin but lucky for us there was a ferry that would be leaving today from Rossaveel which was only a “short” drive away so we headed over there. Once we finally made it on the ferry the sea was so choppy that at points it felt like we might actually flip over. Luckily neither of us got sea sick so the ups and downs just added to the adventure. Once on Innishmore we took an island tour. We were able to see Dun Aengus, an amazing prehistoric fort, Seven Churches, drive around the island, do some shopping and even get a drink before our ferry back to Rossaveel. After that it was a quick stop in Galway before we went on to Ballyhaunis which it the town where we planned to look for Kevin’s family members in. Unfortunately once we got there we figured out how hard this would be. So much stuff in the town had the same name as his relatives and a quick look at the phone book proved that there were at least 8 pages of Lyons. That night when we were out we tried to talk to a few people to see if they could point us in a helpful direction but decided that maybe it would just be better to come up with a different plan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



30th September 2007

Pub in Doolin
Were you at Gus O'Connor's? It was our nightly pub stop for the week we were in Fanore.

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb