Ghostly Adventure


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Tipperary » Tipperary
July 28th 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we slept in a little before we joined the group for breakfast. It was very fun to wait for Natalie in the dining room as she is very sunny in the morning. We had our breakfast as Natalie hugged the cat figurine in the dining room. After breakfast we packed the car and then made our plans for the day. We decided to walk down as a group to see the baby lambs that Celia, our B&B owner, had adopted. Celia gave us four bottles of milk to feed them. We were all very excited to get to feed the lambs, especially Natalie. When we got to the pen, the lambs could tell we had the milk and they were fighting fiercely to get a spot. Natalie and Amy fed the littlest lamb and when their bottle was done, the little lamb pushed in to get herself some of the milk from the other bottles. It was very cute. We walked back to the B&B and said our goodbyes to Natalie, Brent, Angie, Jack and Maureen. Setting out to climb Devil’s Bit, a local mountain,.Celia gave us some Irish directions,.” Take 2 lefts and a right… you can’t miss it” Well we did. We ended up in someone’s driveway. After almost colliding head on with the farmer, he got out of the car and asked me to get our as well. I said,”Sorry, we are a little lost…”He responded with, “No, you’re grand”… He then showed me how to get to The Devil’s Bit by pointing over his fields to the roads that I needed to take. His directions were as follows “Take this road to the T and make a right. Follow that road till the T and then make a left. You will say to yourself Jesus, I’ve missed it, but you haven’t. Keep going and make your next left.” I climbed into the car and we all roared. We made our way up to the small parking lot at the bottom of Devil’s Bit. Locals told us that Devil’s bit got it’s name because the devil took a large bite out of this mountain and spit it out in the town of Cashel and that is how the Rock of Cashel was formed. There were several contstruction workers in the parking lot and we had to ask them how to get on the path. We actually used a set of stairs to climb into a cow pasture and then we had to climb over an electric fence. Amy got zapped in the process.We walked up the path about ½ to the top and then we came to a fence with a sign that said “Bull in field, stay out”…. We didn’t feel like doing a Bull fight or being chased so we turned around and made our way down. At the bottom of the path, we once again met the workers who were surprised that we were back so quickly. We told them the path we took and they said we would have had to cross back over the electric fence into the cow pasture to pick up the path again. We chatted with the men for a few minutes, they knew of the old butcher shop in town and of our cousin Tommie O’Dea. We hopped back in the car and made our way back to Cashel, for a little shopping. Cashel is a very cute town and we were able to help the local economy by leaving some cash. After Cashel we headed to Tipperary, which ended up to be a sad little town---not worth going a long, long way to see.. I took a nap in the parking lot as Eileen and Amy looked around. We only spent a short time here before moving along to Kinsale. We called and booked a lovely B&B on the edge of the town in Kinsale. We arrived and immediately unloaded the car and had a little rest. We got ourselves together and went to dinner at Muddy Maher’s. We enjoyed the delicious food. After dinner, we walked around town a little and then made our way to the Tap Tavern for a ghost tour. The ghost tour was more fun, than scary. After the tour, we stopped into to a pub for a pint and some Irish music. We stayed for awhile and then headed back to the B&B for some much needed rest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0881s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb